Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30 Days in Pictures Day: 16

A picture of someone who inspires you



I had a hard time picking one person who inspires me. Many people inspire me. So, I will tell you about four people who inspire me. My sister-in-laws on Dane's side. Tracy is missing from this picture, but this is when we were all five pregnant together. Earlier in the day, Tracy announced that she was pregnant. (Christmas 2009) Unfortunately, she left before we could all get a picture together. We always meant to photoshop her in. I guess we still could.

Monica (in white): Inspires me to trust God. I try to be a go-with-the-flow type of person, but I like my schedule. I like things to be just so. Monica reminds me that when the plan fails, God still has a plan. She always seems to have a peace in Christ. She inspires me to seek that kind of peace as well. She also inspires me to cook well for my family. She is always whipping up something delicious.

Tracy (not pictured :( ) Tracy is very inspiring. She is just a real, down-to-earth person. To be honest, I wish I could be more like Tracy. She is very genuine. She never says a bad word about anybody. She is very interested in her faith and always wants to learn more. She is humble. I want to be more like that. She also teaches her children (and any children she comes in contact with) I desire to simply teach my children like she teaches.

Diane (in red) Inspires me to be creative. I love the arts. Anything creative~from photography, to cupcake-baking, painting, sewing...the possibilities are endless. However, I sometimes lack the confidence I need to follow through with projects. I tend to come up with an excuse of why my next project won't be perfect, so I shouldn't do it anyway. Diane (and her work) reminds me that everyone is creative. Everyone can be creative even if you don't have a degree in art...(she does which I think is so cool by the way) She also inspires me to play with my children. Being a stay-at-home mom is a blessing, but it can also be a curse. You are with your kids so much that you can tend to put things before them (cleaning, cooking, sewing, painting...etc.) She reminds me to stop and take time to play with my little boy.)

Alissa (in blue) Alissa is a very sweet girl. She has a personality most similar to mine. As far as inspiration, she inspires me to work out and take care of my body. Dane says that she has been running everyday since middle school and she rarely misses a day. Talk about dedication. I'm trying to get into the workout everyday groove. I'm doing pretty well for the most most part, but when I need a little pick-me-up, I think of Alissa!

I am so blessed to know all of these ladies and even more blessed to be a part of their family. Most of them probably don't know I look up to them so much, and all I have to say about that is, actions speak louder than words. You are all true blessings to those around you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment